I turned another year wiser on Monday. Not a raucous momentous occasion, but a wonderful day nonetheless. As I get older, I cannot help but reflect upon what has come before and what lies ahead. Rather than ramble contemplatively ad nauseam, I thought I’d give it in a nutshell. Well, a bullet list—which is the written version of a nutshell.
What I learned this year:
- Just when I thought I knew where I was going, I didn’t.
- It’s fun not to know where you’re going.
- A clean and tidy house isn’t really that important.
- People are kind and generous.
- Good friends are irreplaceable.
- New friends are a treasure found.
- I can write anywhere.
- I can dream anywhere.
- True joy lives in the simple moments.
What I hope I do in the year to come:
- Embrace new adventures.
- Live healthily—we now live in a climate where we have no excuse not to be active.
- Write…and then write some more.
- Read…and then read some more.
- Learn…and, you guessed it, learn some more.
- Find an agent.
- Slow down and enjoy every minute with DH and the fur babies.
Does your birthday make you pause and ponder? If so, what do you hope for as your birthday rolls into sight?