Friday 9 December 2016

“Capture your dreams and your life becomes full. You can, because you think you can.” – Nikita Koloff


I read publishing announcements regularly. On blogs, on Twitter and in trade papers. Some are dry industry notices that emphasize the deal and not the author. But, many are direct from writers both new and seasoned. I rejoice for all of them, but I relish the debut author announcements. They are always effusive. Filled with squees, happy dances and smiley emoticons, they make me smile. And, they encourage me to keep dreaming.

Well, today it is my turn to broadcast good news. I am happy…no, thrilled…to share that my contemporary young adult novel, Cutting to the Chase, is being published by Evernight Teen! Needless to say I have been squeeing, dancing happily and sending out a few smiley faces of my own. It is all signed, sealed and delivered with a projected publishing date of February 2017.

I am optimistic that publication is not the end of the road for this writer's journey but, instead, a fork with more choices to contemplate. To that end, I need to get seriously busy. I am working on building my YA image and author site here. There is promo to consider to support what the publisher plans. And, Mags' story will not write itself. If readers enjoy Lizzy's tale, they might want to hear more about Mags. She'd better be ready and waiting in the wings.

So, I am going to take a small hiatus from the blog. Between what I need to accomplish in writing and the festive season, something needs to give. Besides, you folks will be busy too. And, if you miss me and want a little fix, either follow me on Twitter or Instagram. Or, even easier, scroll down two posts and watch me sing Hallelujah. J

I will return in the new year. Until then, be good to yourself. And continue to dream. Dream daringly. Dream big. Then chase those dreams down. I'm living proof that if you dream it and think you can do it, you can.

Happy Holidays!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Rose!! I am so happy for you; just sitting here and grinning broadly! :) I've always believed in you and your talent, and to see you being rewarded for all your hard work is just wonderful! I can completely understand you're taking a hiatus from blogging. Huge congratulations, and I truly can't wait to hold your book in my hands! Squee!! (I might have gone a bit overboard with all those exclamation marks, but I do think the occasion justifies that ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole,

      Love that you are squeeing on my behalf! I still hope to get my other ones out into the world but, for now, this is definitely satisfying. ;0)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous news! And a great reason to take a blogging hiatus. Go, Rose, Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zan Marie,

      Wow, you are cheerleading in all corners of the cyber universe, aren't you?! Thank you so much! :0)

      Delete
  3. Goose bumps...wow Rose, congratulations and best of luck with the publishing! Can't wait to read it! I am in awww as I discover your writing, and projects, which I will now follow closely from here in Mexico. Thank you! You just inspired me to go beyond... Happy Holidays to you and Keevin, and a spectacular New 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Isabelle. These are exciting and busy times in our household. I've always believed in dreaming big and then chasing those dreams until you grab hold of them. I wish the same for you. Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous news. Wishing you and your family a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Nasreen. I wish the same for you.

    ReplyDelete

A huge part of publishing a book is promotion. If researching a story is a rabbit hole, creating promo material is a black hole. There is an...